Hip Profile is added to every rule when I when import a config into Expo

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Hip Profile is added to every rule when I when import a config into Expo

L2 Linker

HI, I am bringing in a Palo config from a live firewall (merged-config) so that I can do a bulk update to all firewall rules, but when I look at the policy it has added in a Hip Profile (any).  We don't use Hip so is there a way I can stop expo from adding this in, as it makes it very difficult to do a diff check on the rules updated from with the bulk update.

So can I stop EXPO from adding in a Hip Profile to the rules in my imported config that don't have it?

Thanks

Jon

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi @JHALL3 

Thanks for reaching out.

Expedition is adding by default the "any" hip-profiles for PANOS < 10 or the "any" source-hip for PANOS > 10.

If your issue is comparing the original config with the one generated by Expedition you can remove the chain "<hip-profiles><member>any</member></hip-profiles>" using a text editor from the exported file.

Please let me know if you have any other question,

Best regards,

David

Hi @dpuigdomenec I guess I could do that, but is there no way I can just stop Expo from adding it in the first place?

Hi @JHALL3 

I'm sorry but the engine to generate the output is not customisable and the hip-profiles or source-hip tag is added by design.

Let me know if I can help you in anything else,

David

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!