PA410 Version: 10.2.7-h3 does not send logs to Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA410 Version: 10.2.7-h3 does not send logs to Panorama

L2 Linker

Hi team, 

I got a question , after upgrading Panorama to 10.2.7-h3 the logs stopped to be reflected on. (PA-410 to Panorama) ( from PA-3250 to Panorma is working properly). So , I proceed doing the following :

1. We proceeded with the workaround provided by https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/pa410-version-10-2-7-h3-does-not-send-logs-to-pa... which was not successful.
2. Compared the configuration of the PA-3250 with the PA-410 and checked 172.30.1.222 Primary NTP SERVER.
3. We make sure that the security policy is configured to log the end/login.
4. Run the >> show system setting logging command and observe the connection from the firewall to Panorama.
5. I check the disk space on the firewall >> show system disk-space
I suggested to run the following commands to restart the processes and the management server.
>> debug software restart process log-receiver
>> debug software restart process management-server
7. Unfortunately, it did not solve the issue and syslog logs have not been shown in Panorama.

8. I found out some bugs such as : PAN-218067, etc

My question is Do you think that if Version is upgraded 10.2.8 or 10.2.9 the issue can be solved ?

Any kind of help would be highly cherished.

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @F.Pinar

thanks for post!

Could you confirm from Panorama's CLI that logs are coming in with this command: show logging-status device <serial number of PA-410> ?

Could you also confirm that Panorama and PA-410 have the same time / time zone? Different time between Panorama and Firewall might cause logs not to appear in GUI.

Regarding upgrade to 10.2.8 or 10.2.9, I went through release notes and I have not seen anything related under addressed issues, so I can't comment whether upgrade might be fix for this.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!