Unsupported protocol "IPv6 Control Protocol Error"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unsupported protocol "IPv6 Control Protocol Error"

L1 Bithead

Hello PaloAlto users!

I have 11.0.2-h2 installed on my PA-820 and configured the WAN port in a subinterface through vlan 20 tagged, due ISP configuration, the line comes through VLAN 20.

Every 3-5h the ISP line comes down. Checking the system monitor in my PA GUI, it's says "PPPoE session failed to connect for user:XXXXXXXXX@digi on interface:ethernet1/1. Reason: Peer not responding, LCP down".

Checking the log from the CLI, shows the next messages.

Jlsierra_0-1710403785241.png

Tried to disable the DHCPv6 client and also configuring with similar parameters as the PPPoE but still with the same issue.

I had before installed a Mikrotik and didn't have this problem.

Does any one know what's happening?

Thank's you

Best regards.

1 REPLY 1

Thank you @kevin498 for the answer and help.

I tried disabling the DHCPv6 client and still happening the same. I'm stucked in this situation 😞

Thank you,

Best regards.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!