Failed to install licenses. Web proxy license is not supported for this platform.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Failed to install licenses. Web proxy license is not supported for this platform.

L2 Linker

Hi team,

I acquired a Web Proxy license intending to test Explicit and Transparent proxies. However, upon attempting to retrieve the license, I encountered an error stating, "Failed to install licenses. Web proxy license is not supported for this platform."

AkashThangavel_0-1713855196104.png

VM-Firewall is hosted in the vm-ware ESXi.

Also, I have fulfilled the prerequisites specified in the document.

AkashThangavel_1-1713855335908.png

AkashThangavel_2-1713855418400.png

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this issue.

regards,

Akash Thangavel

Network Security Engineer

Akash Thangavel, Network Security Engineer
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

@AkashThangavel 

did you try to download the license key instead from CSP and upload it manually to the firewall?

That should work

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

Hi @AkashThangavel ,

Do you confirm that you are running at least PAN-OS 11.0 ?

Also, you can try to download the license key instead from CSP and upload it manually to the firewall.

Regards

--Richard

L2 Linker

Hi Richard,

PFA

AkashThangavel_0-1713856879805.png

regards,

Akash Thangavel

@AkashThangavel 

did you try to download the license key instead from CSP and upload it manually to the firewall?

That should work

Hi Rdumoulin,

I've manually uploaded it and the license has been accepted. I considered doing it earlier, but when I encountered an error message regarding platform issues, I decided to seek assistance in the live community.

Thanks.

regards,

Akash Thangavel

@AkashThangavel glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!