Multiple ARP requests bringing network segment down

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple ARP requests bringing network segment down

L1 Bithead

We have a guest network for which our PAN firewall is the default gateway.  Periodically we have a wireless client begin ARP'ing for the gateway address over and over again.  So much so that we can no longer ping the gateway address (PAN interface).  It is always a single client doing this.  Is there something I can do on the PAN to protect against these repeated ARP requests?

If the question is too vague, let me know what more information you would like.

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

You can try Zone Protection. But the bigger question is, why are these clients doing this?

Regards,

L1 Bithead

This is a guest network.  These wireless clients are owned by the general public so I can't get hold of one of the problem units to see what is going on.  Interestingly enough, both misbehaving clients I've caught so far on Wireshark are Samsung Galaxy S21's.  

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Sounds like fun (sarcasm). Try the Zone Protection. Start with the defaults then slowly cut them in half until things start going funny. then turn the settings up a bit.

Regards,

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!