Nmap open port

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Nmap open port

L0 Member

I find myself confused regarding the following case: when running a scan with nmap on an IP address that was previously on my access list, nmap indicates that the ports are still open.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Nmap>.\nmap.exe xxx.xxx.xxx.xx -p 22,3389,5900,1433,3306,21,110,143,23,6667,1025,548,143,23,667,1025,548,445,139,135,1026
Starting Nmap 7.94 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2024-03-19 08:50 Hora estßndar romance
WARNING: Duplicate port number(s) specified. Are you alert enough to be using Nmap? Have some coffee or Jolt(tm).
Nmap scan report for xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
Host is up (0.056s latency).

PORT STATE SERVICE
21/tcp open ftp
22/tcp open ssh
23/tcp open telnet
110/tcp open pop3
135/tcp filtered msrpc
139/tcp filtered netbios-ssn
143/tcp open imap
445/tcp filtered microsoft-ds
548/tcp open afp
667/tcp open disclose
1025/tcp open NFS-or-IIS
1026/tcp open LSA-or-nterm
1433/tcp open ms-sql-s
3306/tcp open mysql
3389/tcp open ms-wbt-server
5900/tcp open vnc
6667/tcp open irc

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 2.92 seconds

Despite having removed the object and all applicable policies, the result still shows that the ports are open.

When I check the traffic, I see that all connection attempts are rejected, as the policies I have set for access control are as follows:

Captura de pantalla 2024-03-19 090038.png

Is there any solution to this problem?

Thank you very much for your help.

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @dc93ra ,

When you run nmap from your host to the target server, does that traffic go through the firewall? Can you verify that the fiirewall is in fact in-line with the nmap to destination server? Without knowing much of your environment, could it be that you are running nmap directly to the server without traversing the firewall? I would check the target server to see if it is listening on the ports that is shown through nmap. 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!