Software upgrade

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Software upgrade

L0 Member

Hi all,

Relatively new to palo and needing to do my first code upgrade. I need to upgrade from 9.1.5 to 10.1.6. This article has confused me a little: https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-upgrade/upgrade-pan-os/upgrade-the-firewall-pan...

It says download 10.0.0 but doesn’t mention installing it like the the preferred release version. Do I need to download and reboot into 10.0.0?

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jcrab64 

You just need to download it. The firewall will explode both images to disk to build a functional upgrade image for the target maintenance release, to do so the base image simply needs to be downloaded so it has the bits. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@jcrab64 

You just need to download it. The firewall will explode both images to disk to build a functional upgrade image for the target maintenance release, to do so the base image simply needs to be downloaded so it has the bits. 

Thank you!

Please suggest how to upload the base image to VM manually, without internet access

L2 Linker

Hi @jcrab64,

As @BPry  mentioned you only need to download the base image and then download and install a later 10.0.x version you want to go to.  Then you would download the 10.1.0 base and download and install the 10.1.x version that you want. 

Thanks,

Customer Success Engineer, NGFW

Thank you @zahmed01

The issue is that the device is not conencted to Internet and the upload has to be done manually. It is currently in 10.1.11. However, for this KVM NGFW, the base image version PA-VM-KVM-10.2.0.qcow2 says "Invalid Image" when I tried to upload it using GUI: Device > Software.

The procedure is not clear when the device is not connected to the Internet to check images.

L2 Linker

Hi @JFelibert ,

Since you mentioned that you are running into an issue with the error "Invalid Image" when you try to upload it to the GUI: Device > Software, you should open a case with TAC so they can check with their VM team to see if this is a new issue or what the cause could be and provide tips on how to do it manually for your VM if possible.

Thanks,

Customer Success Engineer, NGFW
  • 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!