Local VMWorkStation Panorma not synching with Local PA-415 Firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Local VMWorkStation Panorma not synching with Local PA-415 Firewall

L1 Bithead

Hello All,

I am running a #paloalto #PA415 at home on my network. Over the last week I installed Panorama onto a #WMWorkstation. The #PA415 has been in my house for 1 year now and the Panorama has been installed for about 1 week. As this is a home network, their both configured with a local 192.x.x.x address.

The #PA415 has a self signed certificate, is registered on the support portal under a different account. When I used to work for a previous company, i had a different email address which was used for support and all categories and products. Now at my current company, I think there is a licence and update issue as I see error codes with failed to update. I think because my firewall is still registered to the old company, which the account may be closed or my account may be deleted, I cant move it to my new company I work. I think this is an issue because my certificate doesnt validate and the updates dont happen and I cant update license and I cant pull down 11.1.1 Cosmos firmware.

Moving over to Panorama some good news is that the Panorama has an Activation license on the support portal. The software is running in Managment only. The #Firewall has Panorama enabled and the #Firewall says managed by #Panorma. But after I added the serial number of the firewal, their is a message saying disconnected. There is no connection from the Panorama to the #Firewall and I even tried setting up the logging for #SNMP and #SYSLOGS and yet no data was captured.

The #PA415 has a serial number and has licenses ending June 2024. 

The Panorama has valid license's and is live and working.

Both of these units are live as a test bench, but I cant seem to have them communicating to each other. This could be a registration on the portal or a license issue. Im not sure.

Can somebody assist please.

Kind Regards

Jatin Patel

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!