New firewall added to panorama, no backups

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

New firewall added to panorama, no backups

L0 Member

I added a new firewall to panorama, panorama shows the firewall as 'connected' and 'valid', and when I go to manage backups, it lists several backups, and the timestamps are correct, but each backup only shows 'false' in the popup window.  do i have to do another step?  i only want panorama to do backups of the config, i do not want to do any configuration of the firewall from panorama, all configs will be directly on the firewall

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Timcredible

there is no extra step required. Based on what you described this should work out of box without additional step. What PAN-OS version do you run on Panorama and Firewalls?

Note: Panorama stores by default 100 configurations (This can be changed): https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/11-0/pan-os-web-interface-help/panorama-web-interface/panor...

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L0 Member

thanks for the reply.  the versions of code can't be the issue since the panorama already has 42 of the same firewalls managed, and they all have the same code and all but the 2 new ones have the configs being backed up by panorama.  i will look into the 100 config limit to see if that is the issue.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Timcredible

thank you for reply.

100 config limit will not trigger this issue. I would think it is local Firewall issue. The backup will be in Panorama after every commit.

When you make local commit in the Firewall that is not being backed up is commit successful?

When you pre-view configuration changes before commit are you seeing any error like: "500: Internal Server Error"?

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!