Schedule Firmware Update via Panorama or Schedule NGFW Reboot via Panorama

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Schedule Firmware Update via Panorama or Schedule NGFW Reboot via Panorama

L0 Member

Title says it all.

Need to patch 16 NGFWs in geographically disparate locations.

I see that I can schedule config changes and exports

I see that I can push firmware in 3 ways: download, download+install, download+install+reboot. I do not see any way to schedule this.

I also don't see that I can schedule a reboot alone were I to perform firmware download+install ahead of time.

Am I missing something here?

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I don't believe you are able to schedule reboots of the PA appliances, to achieve something like this you would need to do this via a scrip accessing the API.

But if you're updating all your firewalls is this something you would want to have scheduled and go on its own, as opposed to confirming the firewalls update successfully yourself during a maintenance window?

API port to reference: Automating the Palo Alto NGFW's Process/Deamon Restarts | Palo Alto Networks

L0 Member

Yes, I would like very much to be able to schedule the reboots w/out babysitting the devices in real time.

I have 3rd party ICMP and HTTP monitoring that will alert me on the down up, as well as raise alarms if they are down for to long of a period of time.

Other vendors allow for a future reboot via CLI I am a little bummed that I have to break out Powershell and Task Scheduler to call an API Endpoint to accomplish this.

Thank you for confirming my suspicions.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!