Help with RQL 'group by'

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Help with RQL 'group by'

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I want to do a search that groups every assset name of a result from an api by account and return the project where in can't find an specific string.

Wanted to know if 'group by' could be used for that?

Wasn't able to find examples of how to user this operator in the docs.

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Can you clarify your requirements here?  You said:
'I would like to group the results by account and only get a result for QA that doesn't have a resource with name "sinkpub"'

In your example "qa" has the results {default, sink1, sink3}.  
"dev" has {default, sink1, sink2, sinkpub} - "sink2" is not in "qa", why is it not also a result you want? 
"prod" has {default, sink2, sink4, sinkpub} - "sink2" and "sink4" are not in "qa", why is this not also a result you want?

This type of report can be created by downloading the results from the Investigate page as a csv file, and using your favorite csv/spreadsheet tool to do the analysis and reporting.  Many customers use a BI tool to customize this type of reporting. 

Or you can use the Prisma Cloud API to get the results just as you get in the UI, and you can write the additional logic to perform what you are trying to create.  Prisma Cloud does provide Python libraries to get RQL queries and you just need to provide the additional custom logic to manipulate the data. 

Let me know if I can provide additional information or clarification.

View solution in original post

L1 Bithead

Hi, was able to resolve my requirement with another tool. Thanks.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

Hello CLimachi1
Can you please share an example of the objective you are trying to accomplish? Is this through API or RQL. An example would be great.

Cloud Security Architect @Prisma Cloud Customer Success

Hi, 

It is through RQL. For example the return of: config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'gcp' AND cloud.service = 'Google Stackdriver Logging' AND api.name = 'gcloud-logging-sinks-list' 

Is something like this:

Resource Name Account
default dev
sink1 dev
sink2 dev
sinkpub dev
default qa
sink1 qa
sink3 qa
default prod
sink4 prod
sink2 prod
sinkpub prod

I would like to group the results by accoutn and only get a result for QA that doesn't have a resource with name "sinkpub".

dev qa prod
default default default
sink1 sink1 sink4
sink2 sink3 sink2
sinkpub   sinkpub

Hello, you can leverage the attribute - "cloud.account" in this use case. You can rewrite your query to 

config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'gcp' AND cloud.account = 'QA' AND cloud.service = 'Google Stackdriver Logging' AND api.name = 'gcloud-logging-sinks-list' 

If you want results from two or more accounts, use the operator IN

config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'gcp' AND cloud.account IN ( 'DEV', 'QA' ) AND cloud.service = 'Google Stackdriver Logging' AND api.name = 'gcloud-logging-sinks-list'

Hi CLimachi1. Please let me know if you were able to use the query to resolve your issue.

Hello,

No, those queries are not what I need. 

I want to get as result an Account that doesn't have a sink with the specific string in their logging sink list.

Hello, for that you need to use the JSON rule feature in the RQL. For example, the below RQL will only show you results for account QA that doesn't have a resource with the name "sinkpub".

config from cloud.resource where cloud.type = 'gcp' AND cloud.account = 'QA' AND cloud.service = 'Google Stackdriver Logging' AND api.name = 'gcloud-logging-sinks-list'  AND json.rule = name does not equal "sinkpub" 

Can you clarify your requirements here?  You said:
'I would like to group the results by account and only get a result for QA that doesn't have a resource with name "sinkpub"'

In your example "qa" has the results {default, sink1, sink3}.  
"dev" has {default, sink1, sink2, sinkpub} - "sink2" is not in "qa", why is it not also a result you want? 
"prod" has {default, sink2, sink4, sinkpub} - "sink2" and "sink4" are not in "qa", why is this not also a result you want?

This type of report can be created by downloading the results from the Investigate page as a csv file, and using your favorite csv/spreadsheet tool to do the analysis and reporting.  Many customers use a BI tool to customize this type of reporting. 

Or you can use the Prisma Cloud API to get the results just as you get in the UI, and you can write the additional logic to perform what you are trying to create.  Prisma Cloud does provide Python libraries to get RQL queries and you just need to provide the additional custom logic to manipulate the data. 

Let me know if I can provide additional information or clarification.

L1 Bithead

Hi, was able to resolve my requirement with another tool. Thanks.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!