TRACK AVALIBILITY in ION9K

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TRACK AVALIBILITY in ION9K

L0 Member

I have two ION9000s in an HA pair.  

When i login to the portal.hood site to configure or view information about my IONs

under the Setup > Device > ION#1 > Basic Info tab  

at the bottom of the page shows a 'REDUNDANCY' section.

In that redundancy section has two places to configure: 1. HA GROUP 2. HA CONFIGURATION

Under the HA CONFIGURATION is a 'TRACK AVALIBILITY' section.   

WHAT IS THIS 'TRACK AVALIBILITY' used for?  If i edit that section i can choosed Interfaces and WANs.

I've looked at documentation on 

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/prisma/prisma-sd-wan/prisma-sd-wan-admin/prisma-sd-wan-branch-high... 

and does not explain when and why i would use this option.  

I have two internet circuits connecting to my ION's  Internet1 is in Port 5 of ION1 and Internet2 is in Port 7 of ION2.  These are also in a bypass  pair with cabling between the two IONs shown in the attached drawing.  

My goal is to break INTERNET1 by unplugging the port from ION1 port5.  Doing this should fail all traffic out the second Internet. 

Is the TRACK AVAILIBITY option needed for this?

Please note you are posting a public message where community members and experts can provide assistance. Sharing private information such as serial numbers or company information is not recommended.
0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!