API error in 7.1.11

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

API error in 7.1.11

L2 Linker

api/?type=op&cmd=<show><config><audit><info/></audit></config></show>

the <admin> tag used to return the admin's name as 'bob', but in 7.1.11 returns it as 'bob.' -- with a period at the end.  Not sure how/where to report it, and obviously it is pretty minor.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Apologies for the delay in response. I was able to replicate what you were seeing on the PA-7050 series on multiple 7.1 PAN-OS versions. I am going to engage some internal resources so that we can get it fixed.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

I just tried this and did not get the same result. Do you have any more info about the account in  question you can share? What type of authentication are you using?

API key to read only API user; no other access via CLI or WEB.  I'm working on an app the gets the daily configs and META info.  Here is a snip off our test box:

<entry name="19">
<timestamp>2017/04/14 11:15:26</timestamp>
<admin>admin.</admin>
<description/>
</entry>
<entry name="18">
<timestamp>2017/04/12 10:42:58</timestamp>
<admin>admin.</admin>
<description/>
</entry>
<entry name="17">
<timestamp>2017/03/16 09:42:07</timestamp>
<admin/>
<description/>
</entry>
<entry name="16">
<timestamp>2017/03/16 07:16:14</timestamp>
<admin>admin</admin>
<description/>
</entry>
<entry name="15">
<timestamp>2017/03/16 07:12:34</timestamp>
<admin>admin</admin>
<description/>
</entry>
<entry name="14">
<timestamp>2017/03/02 10:38:40</timestamp>
<admin>admin</admin>
<description/>
</entry>

What you're seeing is definitely different from what I am. Can you confirm the model and content versions? I can try to see if I can replicate it more closely.

7050 - Capture.PNG

Thanks. I'm going to try and replicate this this evening or today and will reply again with what I'm seeing.

Apologies for the delay in response. I was able to replicate what you were seeing on the PA-7050 series on multiple 7.1 PAN-OS versions. I am going to engage some internal resources so that we can get it fixed.

Sweet!  Thanks

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!