API install

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

API install

Not applicable

Greetings

having a problem. Install ubuntu but can't figure out the last bit

On the install_webservice_SDK.docx

step 14 on i am having problems

7 REPLIES 7

L2 Linker

Hi,

That script is intended to install the components on a vanilla CentOS dev test installation as is described in the documentation, not on Ubuntu.  At the beginning of the document you will find:

First, download the clean CentOS LAMP stack from CentOS:

http://dev.centos.org/~tru/vmware/centos-5-20100321/CentOS-5_lamp.x86_64.zip

The content of the script are as follows and would need to be modified by you to fit your Ubuntu environment:

#!/bin/bash

rm -rf /var/www/html

mv var/www/html /var/www/html

mysqladmin drop msspan -f

mysqladmin create msspan -f

mysql msspan < /var/www/html/SQL/msspan.sql

rm -rf var

cp /var/www/html/os/root.cron /var/spool/cron/root

service crond restart

Best Regards,

Marc

L2 Linker

Also as a side note I had lots of difficulties getting the php correct php libs and updates installed for Ubuntu in order to work well with the EXTJS package so we ended up utilizing CentOS as a base distri.  The canned repo updates for PHP in Ubuntu will not work as built.

So i should NOT use Ubunto?

I wouldn't recommend it as we won't be able to help you much without burning a bunch of time.  Stick with CentOS and we'll be able to support you much better on this forum.

Thanks but no thanks.

Hey, personal preference is personal preference : )

You can still leverage the PHP scripts and feel free to tweak on the required libs for EXTJS and get it working.  Have you also seen the PAN-Perl libs? Those have an install guide for Ubuntu and you can leverage those as CGI's and front end them with a web server.  It's all dependant on what you want to accomplish.

Good Luck!

Marc

i have looked at the php files

/var/www/html/libs/database.php

/var/www/html/administration.php

/var/www/html/auth.php

/var/www/html/index.htlm

to much work 🙂  plus i am to lazey LOL

i will get CentOS

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!