Ansible - Failure when processing no_log parameters. Module invocation will be hidden.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Ansible - Failure when processing no_log parameters. Module invocation will be hidden.

L0 Member

I am getting starting with Ansible automation tool against our panorama and firewall devices, i have downloaded the PA roles and trying to check the configuration via an example using panos_adminstrator module, but getting an error as following.

TASK [configure foo administrator] **********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [10.9.1.15]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "msg": "Failure when processing no_log parameters. Module invocation will be hidden. dictionary requested, could not parse JSON or key=value"}

when i enabled verbose i am getting this message.

fatal: [10.9.1.15]: FAILED! => {
"changed": false,
"invocation": {
"module_args": "HIDDEN DUE TO FAILURE"
},
"msg": "Failure when processing no_log parameters. Module invocation will be hidden. dictionary requested, could not parse JSON or key=value"
}

my playbook look like this

---
- name: Make sure the given user is present and has the specified password
hosts: panorama
connection: local
gather_facts: False

roles:
- role: PaloAltoNetworks.paloaltonetworks

tasks:
- name: Grab the credentials from ansible-vault
include_vars: 'panorama-secrets.yml'
no_log: 'true'

- name: configure foo administrator
panos_administrator:
provider: '{{ ip_address }}'
admin_username: 'foo'
admin_password: 'secret'
superuser: true
commit: false

Any pointers on what the issue might be here??

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

This forum has eaten your formatting so it's hard to tell what the real issue is here.  It could be that the YAML is not properly formatted in your playbook; it could be that the variable retrieval is broken somehow (say, the "panorama-secrets.yml" file is improperly formatted or not there); I also notice that you are trying to refer to a param named ip_address in the provider param, but the provider param is expecting a YAML dictionary not a string.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!