Cacti - Templates

L1 Bithead

Re: Cacti - Templates

...works great with our PA-500 but i can't see the traffic graphs on Cacti. Do i have to add them manually?

L1 Bithead

Hi,

i'm using cacti 0.8.7g and this template was exported using cacti 0.8.7h.

Then it doesn't works for me

To be able to import this template, i had to change all the hash version occurrences inside the .xml file for the correct ones.

I used sed (in a gnu/linux system) to do the trick:

sed -i -r 's/(hash_[0-9]{2})0022/\10021/g' cacti_host_template_palo_alto_firewalls_-_pa-50xx.xml

The above command, change the cacti_host_template_palo_alto_firewalls_-_pa-50xx.xml template file from cacti 0.8.7h to cacti 0.8.7g version

Hope this helps someone too

Best regards.

L1 Bithead

Hello,

i have updated your host template to be able to monitor in the correct way palo alto firewalls running pan-0s 4.1 :smileyhappy:

Best regards,

L4 Transporter

Thumbs up from me - just found this, and it worked a treat - thanks!

L0 Member

Hi,

Thanks for the templates.  However, I'm not getting any data returned.  I'm using the 20XX host template for my 3020.  I'm using Nagios as well and it is pulling data correctly.  I've checked all of the oids and they are correct.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Todd

Not applicable

Hi, I'm fairly new to Cacti and SNMP. How do I get the interface traffic graphs up and running? I can see the graph templates in Cacti, but my assumption is I need to configure the data source some how...

L2 Linker

I am not sure if you are just using the templates, or if you are using the VM I built.  Either way, read this document and it should get you pointed in the right direction: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68056332/Cacti%20Virtual%20Appliance%20Documentation%20-%20Versi...

Hope this helps,

Kameron

L2 Linker

Follow the directions in this document and you should be in good shape: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68056332/Cacti%20Virtual%20Appliance%20Documentation%20-%20Versi...

L4 Transporter

Kameron.

Is this VM appliance available for download somewhere?

I've built my own, but I'm still having issues with some parts of the PA information, so I'd like to look at yours.

Thanks

Not applicable

Me  too

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!