Custom APP-ID for SMTP traffic

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom APP-ID for SMTP traffic

L1 Bithead

I have a request to forward all incoming emails attachments to Wildfire cloud, but not for all users. we need to exclude some users.

I think this can be achieved with custom SMTP application to match destination email address.

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hello Mohammed,

I believe you can achieve this by having 2 security policies for the different sets of users, one where there's a Wildfire Forward profile and the other where there isn't.

This way, you can use the same SMTP application on both policies, instead of custom applications, and still achieve the intended results by just having different file-blocking profiles on either polices.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

tasonibare

Hi Tasonibar

Thanks for your reply.

Actually i have all the emails coming from same source. incoming emails going to SMTP gateway first then to Exchange server, so PA will see the SMTP gateway as source for all the emails.

Regards,

Mohammed Atif

L1 Bithead

Any Suggestion here ???

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!