Custom Application Signature

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Custom Application Signature

L0 Member

Hi All,

I want to ask about custom application signature

So i got an issue for this application.

when i see in the monitor traffic log the Application will be capture as Oracle

This oracle application is generalization for all of client application oracle like toad,cs21 and so on

So if the client application name is Toad, when comes to traffic log Palo alto will be named oracle too

Now the problem is, i want to Block the client application only for oracle Toad.

Can we block it only that toad application ? but not for another Oracle application?

Is this issue can fix with custom application?

what must i do?

Thanks

regards

1 REPLY 1

L7 Applicator

You can submit a request via email with your request following these instructions.

How to Request a new App-ID

Or you can do some packet captures and follow the procedures outlined in this document to try the process on your own.

Creating Custom Application Signatures

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!