How to retrieve a scheduled custom report ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

How to retrieve a scheduled custom report ?

L3 Networker

Hello,

I already know how to retrieve a custom report using XMP API, which use asynchroneous mode, by firstly getting the job ID corresponding to the report processing.

What I want to do is getting a scheduled custom report using XML API. I mean that I don't want the report to be generated on demand, but I just want to get the schedlued report (=custom report with "scheduled" checkbox enabled).

Indeed, from the WebUI, the schedulded custom report are automatically generated every night and directly available from the report menu, without the need to be generated on demand. I want to retrieve these custom reports directly using XML API.

Is there a way to achieve this ?

Regards,

Laurent

6 REPLIES 6

L1 Bithead

This is the syntax to request the most recent custom report:

https://firewall/api/?type=report&reporttype=custom&reportname=custom_report_name&action=download&key=key

Hello,

Thanks for your help, but this is the same behavior (asynchroneous job) :

When I issue this request, I got a job ID and then the Panorma process the request and generate the custom report (I see the reportd process overloaded during dozen of minutes before the report is available).

I need to get the already generated custom report that is availlable from the Panorama WebUI when you specify "scheduled" in the customer report settings.

Regards,

I just tried this request and got back a full report without a Job ID.

Hello,

I confirm that using this request results in asynchronesous job request :

- <response status="success">
- <result>
- <msg>
  <line>Report job enqueued with jobid 541</line>
  </msg>
  <job>541</job>
  </result>
  </response>

Regards,

What PAN-OS version are you using? The reason for the difference in response is likely related to the version you have.

I'm running PanOS 6.1.12. but I have a device in a lab also I could try with a newer release.

Regards,

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!