Interface Throughput via API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Interface Throughput via API

L1 Bithead

Hello,

i'm trying to use the firewall Rest API Browser to get interface information such as its throughput, but no matter how i try to do it im unable to send a correct request, it always gives me some kind of error.

Here's the URL of the request:

/api/?type=op&cmd=<show><qos><interface></interface></qos></show>

from what i understand the interface name i wanna get information should be between the the tags <interface></interface>, but when i put the interface ethernet1/1 there i keep geting this error:

<response status="error" code="17">

<msg>

<line> show -> qos -> interface has unexpected text.</line>

<line> show -> qos -> interface is invalid</line>

</msg></response>

Can someone give me a help?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

And if you really want QoS values, try it with this operational request:

<show><qos><interface><entry name='ethernet1/3'><throughput>0</throughput></entry></interface></qos></show>

As far as I know this silently changed with PAN-OS 8

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

Sounds like a dumb question, but do you have QoS configured on interface eth1/1 or do you only want the normal throughput and not the QoS values?

L7 Applicator

And if you really want QoS values, try it with this operational request:

<show><qos><interface><entry name='ethernet1/3'><throughput>0</throughput></entry></interface></qos></show>

As far as I know this silently changed with PAN-OS 8

Thanks you very much,

i was kinda mad they changedit silently, but thank god theres someone like you who gets to know this kind of "gossip" haha

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!