PA API, User not authorized

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA API, User not authorized

L0 Member

Hey,

Well just like the subject says I am having issues making a device state backup. Every time I try to backup my device via the api, I get a 403 error response saying "User not authorized to perform this operation". What is strange and has me puzzled is I am able to use the same username and same password to make a running config backup.

This device is using an older version of PanOS (7.1.9), upgrading to 8.x is the only idea I have as a resolution at this time.

1 REPLY 1

L5 Sessionator

If you're not using the "admin" user over the API, then I would double check that the user has the permissions to do this over the XML API.  The RBAC in PAN-OS can actually be configured to allow a user to do something in the GUI but not in the API.

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!