PAN-0S 4.1 Cacti template host template

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN-0S 4.1 Cacti template host template

L1 Bithead

Hello,

i have updated this cacti template:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/message/13477#13477

to be able to graph in the right way the PA-50XX firewalls running PAN-OS 4.1 witch cacti.

This host template monitor this variables:

• Traffic the firewall is passing through each selected interface(s)
  • Data Plane cpu usage
  • Control Plane cpu usage
  • The number of Active Sessions (TCP, UDP and ICMP)
  • The number of Concurrent Sessions (aggregate of Active Sessions)
  • Session Utilization Percentage – Based on the PAN Firewall Model
  • Temperature of the Firewall

Release Notes

Version 0.1:

• Update the original cacti host template () to able to graph the PA-50XX firewalls running PAN-OS 4.1 witch cacti.

Version 0.2:

• Changed some graph templates items from Line to Area
  • Added in the graph templtes average, current and maximum gprint items

Notes

Hope this helps someone

Best regards

4 REPLIES 4

L4 Transporter

Any chance you could highlight the differences so I can figure out how to apply them for the PA20XX series?

I've got the templates previously made available, but they don't do the session tables, the temperature, or the data plane utilisation properly - I obviously need to fix them, but I'm not sure where to go to do it.

Thanks

Hello,

finally you get working the PA20XX series cacti graphs?

I had to modify the PA50XX series templates to be able to graph correctly with PAN-OS version 4.1

But actually, i don't have on mind to do the same with the PA20XX series.

Regards,

I was asking if you could point out what you had to do to make it work on the PA5000, not do it for me.

I don't know Cacti well enough to know where to dig into those templates to fix the issues I'm experiencing.

Can you tell me what you had to change to make this work with the PA5000, so I can try and fix the PA2000 appropriately?

L4 Transporter

I keep running into this error in Cacti when trying to import the template.

CMDPHP: Poller[0] parse_xml_hash ERROR wrong hash format

Any ideas? I'm using Cacti 0.8.8a, and I've tried replacing the hash value with the same result.

• 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!