PAN firewall automation: A new thorough approach

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PAN firewall automation: A new thorough approach

L1 Bithead

Hi,

I would like to introduce a completely new thorough approach to the PAN firewall automation with you by sharing the part of my ongoing work. I would consider this as an equivalent of pandevice even though there are still a lot of work to be done.

• firelibA core Python library designed as the foundation of the firewall automation. It consists of all modules that allows for the interactions with PANirewalls and firewall managers via REST APIs and SSH connections. Firewall automation applications can make use of this firelib library by adding it as a submodule or install it as a internal Python package.
  • hellowall: A script for demonstrating how to use the library firelib to develop firewall automation solutions. For example, you can easily build a "show" script that can connect to firewall systems via SSH, run a command to show sytem information and the print the result of the command to screen.

I admit that it's a bit tricky to make hellowall.py work because I have done some cleanup and the credential setup is not mentioned. However if you can read Python code, you'll know how to set it up and make it work. Consider it as a kind of challenge for you.

Cheers,

Dai

0 REPLIES 0
  • 0 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!