REST API Error: "Request Invalid, User or Password not defined"

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

REST API Error: "Request Invalid, User or Password not defined"

Not applicable

I'm using a user with read only permissions. User can login to GUI but fails to use the REST api via browser.

Is there a problem for such users to use the api?

Thanks,

Andrei

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Is the admin a superuser or a device or vsys admin? As of PAN-OS 4.1, the API only supports superuser admins only.

Not applicable

I think I might be suffering from the same issue the REST API Doc says the following. "The API is available to Superuser and Superuser (readonly) administrators from PAN-OS 4.1.0;" This suggest to me that the superuser (readonly) account should get access to commands exposed via the API.

However if i try to run say https://<firewall>/api/?type=op&cmd=<show><arp>all</arp></show>&key=<keyvalue> i get invalid credentials yet the CLI for PAN OS 4.1 document suggest that the follwing user account types should be able to run this command "superuser, vsysadmin, deviceadmin, superreader, vsysreader"

I would rather not have to use a full admin account to get access to simple show commands for the device anybody have any ideas.

Thanks

JonnyG

L4 Transporter

PAN-OS 4.1.3 resolved an issue where a superuser-readonly admin account was not able to run Operational commands with the API.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!