Setting address attributes via API

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Setting address attributes via API

Not applicable

I am using the REST API to create address records and adding them to an address group.  I would like to keep track of when each address was created, and I noticed that there is an attribute of "time" on both the entry and the elements in the entry for items added in the last commit.  But, older items do not seem to have these attributes.  Is there a way that I can set them at entry creation time that will stick around?

My goal is to be able to parse these attributes later and prune old ones after a given amount of time.  My current planned work around is to use the description element to hold the creation date, but that will prevent me from using the description element for an actual description.

So, is there any way for me to permanently set the time attribute on these elements?

Thanks,

-- Daniel

2 REPLIES 2

L3 Networker

My understanding, based on observation, is that when you have

uncommited changes, the candidate configuration will contain the admin

and time attributes to identify configuration elements that have been

modified/added. So I don't think this is going to provide you with

what you want, and I'm not aware of how to directly obtain the

modify/add time from commited elements.

This is from PAN::XAPI:

DETAILS

In the candidate configuration when a data element has been modified

but not commited, it will contain attributes with the time the element

was modified and the administrator that made the modification. For

example, the display-name:

<display-name>ico_1234 l3vsystag1</display-name>

will appear in this format when it has been modified and not commited:

<display-name

admin="admin"

time="2011/07/11 09:43:19">ico_1234 l3vsystag1</display-name>

Thank you, that is helpful.  I will just use the description field, or an external source for cross reference.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!