cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

L2 Linker

Dear DevCenter,

I need you to define App-ID for transfer file in skype. In yahoo-im App, I see the yahoo-file-transfer App-ID, but not in Skype.

Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

I submitted 1 new app (by that URL)  3 or 4 months ago but no one care about it. I did not receive any feedback from palo alto.

get in contact with your SE. They can ask PAN for more information...

L1 Bithead

Hi Hithead,

I think is gonna be difficult, skype uses a proprietary implementation and doesn't follow any RFC so first of all the PAN firewall needs to decrypt the sesion [if the skype client uses certificate pinning you're  almost screwed] and after that  need to reverse engineering the protocol.

useful links,

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/fa31/does-skype-use-encryption

allow Skype and Block Skype VoIP and file sharing

Regards,

Found a bit old topic but if anyone should still need to block Skype file transfers then do google search "skype admin guide".

You can't decrypt Skype traffic so you have to use Group Policy to limit what Skype is permitted to do.

Enterprise Architect, Security @ Cloud Carib Ltd
Palo Alto Networks certified from 2011
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!