Vulnerabilities database export

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Vulnerabilities database export

Not applicable

Hi,

How is it possible to export to xml  (or any other format?) the full list of vulnerabilities with their fields: CVE, risk, category, etc... supported in PA device?

I was hoping to do it with the rest api or alternatively retrieve the updated list from a PaloAlto dedicated server if such exists.

Thanks,

Andrei

6 REPLIES 6

L6 Presenter

I think you can request such list from your Sales Engineer (I guess there might be some kind of NDA or similar involved before you get the feed).

How about if I have a custom vulnerability profile attached to a policy containing a list of vulnerabilities ids. How can I get with the REST API or with a CLI command the actual vulnerabilities with their full data?

Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

Currently there is no way for me to get the list of vulnerabilities in a certain profile with the REST api or with the CLI.

The list contains only ids and I have no reference to the actual vulnerability.

You can lookup individual threats and their descriptions in https://threatvault.paloaltonetworks.com/ (dont forget to change type in order to search in proper database).

You can use the API on the firewall to get the list. The query will be:

https://firewall/api/?type=config&action=get&xpath=/config/predefined/threats/vulnerability&key=XYZ

Not applicable

Is there similar API availabel for virus?

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!