using Panorama as a proxy for api calls

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

using Panorama as a proxy for api calls

L1 Bithead

I read that you are supposed to be able to use Panorama as a proxy to update DAG on managed firewalls.

As far as I know, DAG are part of the User-ID section but when I browse to /api on my Panorama there isn't a User-ID section. 

Could someone explain how to use Panorama as a proxy to update Dynamic Address Groups on devices managed by Panorama?

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

See the examples on page 9 and following in the documentation Panorama section at this link.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Documentation-Articles/Dynamic-Address-Objects/ta-p/61300?attac...

Steve Puluka BSEET - IP Architect - DQE Communications (Metro Ethernet/ISP)
ACE PanOS 6; ACE PanOS 7; ASE 3.0; PSE 7.0 Foundations & Associate in Platform; Cyber Security; Data Center

Thank you Pulukas.

That document is what lead me to believe it should be possible to do this with Panorama but when I go to https://MY_PANORAMA_SERVER/api I don't see a 'user-id' section. since I wanted to test submitting my xml file through the webinterface I was confused if this is still possible with Pan-OS versions later than 5.0 (which the document you link to references). I'll see if I can get it to work through curl or wget. 

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!