Agent upgrade status

L1 Bithead

Agent upgrade status

Hi!

I`m running ESM 4-1-3 and are currently upgrading my clients.

Where can I find more information about the status of my Action.

It currently says "Applied on: 81; Delivered: 2; Failed: 7"

The 81 I get, but what does Delivered 2 mean and where do I find more info to correct the Failed 7?

Thx!

L4 Transporter

Re: Agent upgrade status

-Trondk

Applied on: 81; Delivered: 2; Failed: 7

Delivered: 2-- This means that the action was delivered to 2 of the 81 endpoints the action was applied to. When you created the rule, 81 machines checked in, had an action waiting for them, and started processing that action. 2 of the 81 have not sent back a final status for processing the action.

Failed: 7-- Similar to the above, except 7 have sent back failed status for the action.

To view the machines that failed, use the monitoring tab, and filter by versions. The 4.1.3 machines should stand out. You can troubleshoot the failed action, or open a support case->collect and send agent logs (to support case), and Palo Alto support can assist.

L1 Bithead

efrancis! 

Thanks for clarifying.

I would like to do as much of this research my self. Learning by doing :)

Could you point me in the direction of logfile or how to obtain logfiles for more troubleshooting?

L4 Transporter

You can create a one time action from the ESM, or on the agent side, open the console and choose 'Send support file' You can then retrieve the log, from the monitoring tab, under data retrieval.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!