Best practise for communication

L4 Transporter

Best practise for communication

Just tuning my new install.

Wondering what the best practise is for heartbeat.

Default is 60min, but the PA person that helped us install this set it to 10m.

Whats the benefits , whats the recommended and why

Tags (3)
L3 Networker

Re: Best practise for communication

In my experience, I have found that shortening the agent heartbeat time from 60 min to 10 or 15 gives you better metrics on who is connected. It also provides quicker policy pushes and agent upgrade actions (if you use ESM to upgrade instead of SCCM). 

L2 Linker

Re: Best practise for communication

During rollout of Traps a 10 minute setting is nice as long as it doesn't bog the ESM down. If you need to make a quick change the agents will pick it up quickly. We had our set to 30 minutes during rollout and will probably keep it that way since it does not seem to be impacting the ESM servers negatively. 

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!