Cannot uninstall Traps Agent

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot uninstall Traps Agent

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I am unable to uninstall Traps from my machine. I want to uninstall it so that I can do a clean reinstall. 

But then it says I cannot uninstall something which is not there. The Traps client is on my task tray but not in control panel. 

Capture (1).PNG

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

Hello Farzana,

I would recommend to reach out to the Palo Alto Endpoint support and asking for the TrapsCleaner tool for that Traps version. This Tool deletes the whole Traps installation also if you are not able to delete it from control panel.

Best regards,

Jan

L4 Transporter

Hi Farzana,

Would you be able to execute Traps msi installers from command line? Executing Traps installer from the command line allows you to generate a log file. This log file will record why the uninstall is failing.

CMD.exe -> msiexec /x path/to/traps.msi /l*v c:/Trapsinstaller.log

You could also look into Event viewer -> Application. You might get some more information there.

Jan is correct. Contacting Palo Alto Support will assist uninstalling. They have tools specifically for these type of issues.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!