ESM Traps SSL Windows Server CA

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ESM Traps SSL Windows Server CA

L3 Networker

We are installing ESM in our enviroment.

When we install the server ask if you want to use SSL connection between client and server.

Ofcourse we want this but we want to use a certificate from our Windows Server CA server. We will protect Windows and Mac systems.

Our ESM server and certificate server are seperated machines but I don't have a clue what SSL certificate I need to create?
When I want to request from the ESM server a computer certificate I can choose from the templates that are available in our CA server. Is this the way to go?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

L2 Linker

We use internal certs generated from our PKI. You want to have a cert issued with the following intended purposes: client authentication and Server Authentication.  Of course make sure your root certs are trusted on the ESM servers and all the agents.

Can you tell me in detail how you configured it?

Not sure what configuration aspects you are refering to? There is nothing that needs to be done on the Traps side other than specifiying to use SSL. As long as the agents and servers are using those certs and trust the root...all is well and should work.

Hi Thinson,

On my CA which templates I need to make available what to configure on the templates?

What todo on the traps server?

Hi there,

Probably too late but you need to duplicate the WebServer template and add the “client authentication” to the application policy. I called mine WebServerAuth but feel free to name this as you see fit.

From this new template you can create certificates for the ESM environment which meet the minimum requirements.

Let me know if you need more detailed help.

Kind regards.

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!