Password change for DB user used for TRAPS.

L3 Networker

Password change for DB user used for TRAPS.

Hi Team,

We have a traps ESM setup running successfully. console and core are installed in one server, But the DB is in another server. We are using windows authentication for login into DB ( ESM is configured with this domain user to login with DB while installing). now we need to change the password for this user.

What are the changes I need to do in TRAPS for reflecting the password-change?

thanks in advance.

Highlighted
L3 Networker

Re: Password change for DB user used for TRAPS.

Hi Team,

I have figured out the changes needed to be done in the server having core and console installed.

1. Need to update the new password in the Log On tab on "Endpoint Security Manager" service
  2. Need to update account credentials in ESMAppPool under IIS manager -> Application pools.

these configuration steps helped me to get the TRAPS in action after service account password change.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!