Quarantine DLL - Documentation

Highlighted

Quarantine DLL - Documentation

Hello Community,

I have came across a line in the Traps 6.0 Admin guide, but I feel that there might be a mistake, or maybe I am not aware with features introduced.

As of my knowledge DLL files won't be quarantined, the release notes has this line:

"Quarantine (and restore)—Limited to PEs from malware events (you cannot quarantine Microsoft Office files). Ondemand quarantine is not supported for Behavioral Threat events, however you can configure automated quarantine for Behavioral Threat Protection in your Malware Security profile."

While the Admin Guide has the following line:

"Quarantine—If a malicious PE or DLL is detected but Traps has not already quarantined the file, you can use this option to quarantine the malicious file and remove it from its working directory. "

So am I missing something, or is it a little mistake, hope a TAC would come accross this post and confirm.

Thanks and Regards

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!