Traps 4 Azure - Upgrades not working

L2 Linker

Traps 4 Azure - Upgrades not working

Hi, 

we have deployed our Traps ESM onto an Azure 2016 server, ports 443 & 2125 are open. The endpoints communicate no problem, but when I set an action to upgrade from 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 some endpoints get the upgrade and some dont, out of 144 endpoints only 30 have recieved the upgrade. 

The action sits at 21 and never moves above... it is at 21 because I deleted the previous one.Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 20.32.57.jpg

So how often should the ESM push out the upgrades and why am I not getting all the endpoints upgraded.

Complex question I know. 

Darren

Tags (4)
L1 Bithead

Re: Traps 4 Azure - Upgrades not working

Hi,

Go to an Endpoint that did not receive the update, open the Console and click in "Open Log File...."

It will show to you the error.

Regards,

Paulo Raponi

KS
L2 Linker

Hi,

Do you have tried restarting endpoints?
I experienced a problem that Client Upgrade Action did not work once, and it was resolved when restarting endpoints.

By the way, ESM server in my environment is resoluting domain name.
At that time, it seemed not to be able to do name resolution properly though DNS server was fine.
Because nslookup can receive the IP address correctly, but it was not received in the traps agent logs.

Regards,

KS

L2 Linker

The issue has been resolved and it was down to the Action rule was not be seen as new, I stopped the services and removed action.json, located in C:\ProgramData\Cyvera\LocalSystem\Data  this allowed one endpoint to update. 

Following discussion with PA support they suggested this query needed to be run on the SQL DB on the ESM. 

DBCC CHECKIDENT('OneTimeAction',RESEED,4000) 

(back up sql first)

the re-create the action and endpoints start updating.

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!