Traps agents not getting upgraded through Settings -> Agents -> Actions.

L1 Bithead

Traps agents not getting upgraded through Settings -> Agents -> Actions.

I have been trying to update agents from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1 to 4.0.2 to 4.0.3 to 4.0.4

all agents not getting upadted.jpg

From 4.0.0 version, not all agents were updated to 4.0.1 and so is for 4.0.4

Currently, I need to upgrade from 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 but even after applying agent actions, it shows failed.

traps agents not getting updated tp 404 .jpg

Anyone else aware if this issue? Or can help me with any quick fix.

Best,

Darshil

L4 Transporter

Re: Traps agents not getting upgraded through Settings -> Agents -> Actions.

Darshil,

I would recommend to open a case with support to manually review the endpoints failure to upgrade. Also, you do not need to install each version, You can install the latest version (4.0.0 to 4.0.4, instead of 4.0.0-->4.0.1-->4.0.2, etc.)

L1 Bithead

Thanks Efrancis,

I have been updating it one by one as new versions were released.

I suppose the issue this time(from 4.0.3 -> 4.0.4) is regarding Network as our client has new Firewall deployed in their network. But still there are few user machines on which it has not updated since 4.0.0 was installed. I think contacting Palo Alto support engineers will be a better option.

L2 Linker

I have same problem, 4.0.3 is not upgrading to 4.0.4

2017-09-08 22:09:51.3068 ERROR CyveraService 20 Cyvera.Common.General.Extensions.WebExtensions General "Failed downloading file https://correcttrapsserver/EndpointSecurityManager/Update/14a852f5-b8f8-448e-bfe6-1e461824d02c/x86/installer?v=4.0.3.27073&os=8, to directory C:\ProgramData\Cyvera\Everyone\Temp\Update_2334 System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

L2 Linker

ok, problem solved with these steps:

1. created new update action. 

2. Then extracted the upgrade zip to that folder which was just created under  C:\Program Files\Palo Alto Networks\Endpoint Security Manager\Web\Updates

3. Then activated the action and no fails happened, just succesful upgrades.

L0 Member

Hello,

I just upgraded ESM from 3.4.3 to 4.0.4 and setup a rule to upgrade all clients. My action rule has an exclude condition of "traps 4.0.3 and later releases". Basically any client NOT on 4.0.3 or higher is getting upgraded. Try adding the exclude condition in your action rule.

Patrick

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!