Aggregate Interfaces

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Aggregate Interfaces

L3 Networker

I am having issues with aggregate interfaces from Expedition 1.1.17. This is a Cisco ASA config that already had port-channel interfaces configured. I remapped the interfaces to ones labeled with 'ae'. Although it seemed to work when the config is exported there is no interface configuration in the XML file. I went back into the project and noticed that my 'ae' groups were actually still type layer3 which I changed to AE but that did not make a difference. One thing I did notice is that if I create a new AE it sticks this interface under 'Media: aggregate-ethernet' whereas the ones that I remapped are just listed under 'Media'. 

Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong? I have several projects with large numbers of AE interfaces/subinterfaces so creating them manually will be a pain.

Thanks.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

if looking at the XML file there are 2 areas where you will find the interfaces.

<import><import> lists the interfaces imported into the VSYS. The physical interfaces that are of type AE are not listed here.

Later in the same VSYS config you should find:

<interface></interface> is where you will find the physical interfaces.

under media aggregate you will only see the AE and AE.x interfaces. The physical interfaces will not be included in this list. 

If you can send the exported expedition project to fwmigrate (at) paloaltonetworks.com I can look at it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

The steps you followed seem correct. 

Did you merge the networking setting into your base config?

Some options to verify the XML generation are:

-Unset your base config. As your base config is moved to the left hand pane under Export, you can then expand the networking to verify the AE and ethernet interfaces have been added. If any configs are listed as being in a pending state, make the config the Base and click on 'Merge'

-with your base config set, Open the API Output manager and click generate the 'Atomic' output. In the upper drop down menu choose Interface and this will display the configurations for the interfaces added to the base config.

I did indeed set the base config. When I unset the base config no interfaces show up (other than loopback, tunnel and vlan), nor do I see the interfaces in the API output manager. As a test I created a AE group and a layer3 interface (ae) and followed the same steps you outlined. When doing that I do see the AE interface but the XML only contains the AE group, not the layer3 interface. I should note that when I create the AE group it indeed shows up under 'Media: aggregate-ethernet' as opposed to the migrated interfaces showing up under 'Media'.

if looking at the XML file there are 2 areas where you will find the interfaces.

<import><import> lists the interfaces imported into the VSYS. The physical interfaces that are of type AE are not listed here.

Later in the same VSYS config you should find:

<interface></interface> is where you will find the physical interfaces.

under media aggregate you will only see the AE and AE.x interfaces. The physical interfaces will not be included in this list. 

If you can send the exported expedition project to fwmigrate (at) paloaltonetworks.com I can look at it.

I just email you the configuration. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi Sjanita,

I have similar issue, we are migrating from ASA to Palo Alto 3260. on ASA we have aggregated interface configured for LAN and WAN now while migrating this config in expedition i can remap name of port-channel to AE. but how can i change the ports belongs to AE. on ASA Te 1/1 and Te 1/2 belongs to port-channel 1, now on expedition i can remap name from Port-channel 1 to Ae1, but how can i map interfaces to that Ae. @sjanita 

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!