BP - How does Remediate work?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BP - How does Remediate work?

L3 Networker

How does the Best Practice remediate function work? I cannot find any documentation. Do I have to select the specific option in the template first or will Expedition/BP remediate all the rd x-ed optioons without asking?

While using Remediate and chose "SAME Template" how can I update the Panorama/Device configuration? Where is the template stored and how to export it beack to the device/panorama?

2 REPLIES 2

L7 Applicator

You are right.  Today only some checks can be remeadited, the ones under DEVICE topic that has the icon for the cross bag and the icon is not gray our like in read only mode. Those can be selected and remediated. The change is made in Expedition and to get the config back to oyur device you have to export the config via XML or via API calls.

L3 Networker

I finally got all my red X's green by following the guide posted under the Expeditition documents.

Live>Tools>Expedition (Migration Tool)>Expedition Articles

Document #4: Using Machine Learning to Create Policies From Logs

At the begining of the document, it will help you clear up the red X's.

Hope that helps.

Bob

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!