BUG: ML and RE discovery stuck at Initializing...

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

BUG: ML and RE discovery stuck at Initializing...

L2 Linker

ML and RE discovery stuck at Initializing... when i set new base configScreen Shot 2019-05-20 at 13.55.19.jpg

To reproduce

1) Update config at Device

2) Import into project

3) Set new base config

4) Start ML or RE discovery for any rule

Everything works well if you create new project(workaround)

11 REPLIES 11

L5 Sessionator

Can you try to generate an XML config file using the base config? If you receive an error that the base config is invalid this issue is being looked into.

It successfully generates any of them.Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 09.17.43.jpg

ok, can you you also check if there is an 'Active' log connector plugin chosen (PLUGINS --> Active)? If there is no active log conector plugin select the plugin to use and try running the ML analysis again.

you can also check the Dashboard for any pending jobs. If there are pending jobs remove them and try the ML analysis again.

no pending jobs, nothing to remove

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 20.53.40.jpg

Have you verified there is an active log connector plugin chosen?

Seems You've pointed me in the right direction.

Somehow log plugin was missing.

I see the same behaviour in other projects i created.

For now i found it has to do something with deleting old configs

So yeah.

my guess is log plugin somehow bound to config and when new base is set, no log plugin is bound to it.

Deleting old config deletes log plugin connector.

Will this be addressed ?

any updates on this bug ?

Have you tried to create the plugin again?

The plugin is tied to the configuration that you have imported (which would map a config and its rules to a device that may report traffic through those rules).

If you delete the config, it is normal that the plugin would not be valid, as the mapping is not valid anymore. You need to recreate the plugin again.

Yes this works, but i need to delete all config-s first. Because GUI does not allow to choose subsystem when creating log for newly imported config.

Config file name must be in format without date.

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!