Cannot add device PAN-OS 9.0

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cannot add device PAN-OS 9.0

L2 Linker

Hello to all,

I am doing a migration of PA-820 on version 9.0 as a device. However, when adding the username and password it gives me a remote exception error.. I can ping the management interface from the firewall to expedition and vice versa. I also tried using the API key, I generated it and add it. However, when I click retrieve contents, it did not retrieve any file (expedition agent is up).  The user is a super user local admin on the FW.

1- Where I can see the log of the possible error?? (complete linux path please - will like to see a guide about this)

2- Is there a limitation of Expedition for version 9.0 of adding it as a device? I haave another firewall in PAN-OS 8.1 added. I upgrade it to 9.0 and I was able to retrieve the contents (already had the API key in 8.1). Also, I am able to import the  XML of 9.0 without any problems.

3- Please advise on how ti fix. I saw other posts about this, but they said just to upgrade. Will do that if I have time.

Expedition version: 1.1.10

PA8-820 version: 9.0

@alestevez Please take a look to the post.

In the meantime, I am importing / exporting the XML file, however this is slowing a bit my migration process..

image.png

API keys addedAPI keys addedNo info retrievedNo info retrieved

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hi, you are right. In Expedition and for backward compatibility between version we were using the old API calls under the path:

/esp/restapi.esp

In Panos 9.0 this way to call the API has been deprecated so now we are updating Expedition to use the current API Path

/api

Next version 1.1.12 will come with the hotfix.

View solution in original post

already 🙂

it seems they've kept the promise.

Expecting release notes soon 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

L7 Applicator

Hi, you are right. In Expedition and for backward compatibility between version we were using the old API calls under the path:

/esp/restapi.esp

In Panos 9.0 this way to call the API has been deprecated so now we are updating Expedition to use the current API Path

/api

Next version 1.1.12 will come with the hotfix.

Thanks! When the version 1.11.12 will be available?

already 🙂

it seems they've kept the promise.

Expecting release notes soon 🙂

Yep, configured some days ago and its working 🙂

No working for me.

I had this exact same problem, even with a freshly installed OVA - The recommended steps I saw elsewhere were to run

apt update expedition-beta

Unfortunately this caused worse problems, I started seeing lots of empty "warning" dialog boxes popping open.

The solution in the end, was install a clean Ubuntu 16.04 Server VM (rather than using the OVA), then running the expedition install script.

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!