Changing the ML Address

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Changing the ML Address

L3 Networker

Changing the ML address to "localhost", it keeps going back to the IP assigned to the virtual ethernet interface. Did we ever come up with a way to force it to change to and keep "localhost"?

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Does "localhost" resolve to the IP that it assigns?

We do prefer to have the IP than localhost, as some processes with "localhost" are not completing correctly to resolve the IP (we have experienced that before).

Issue still present with version 1.0.101:

- Neither localhost or 127.0.0.1 is accepted.

- It always goes back to the IP of the VM.

L2 Linker

I am having the exact same problem. THe ML server IP is shown incorrect ...some 192.168.252.136 and unable to change it to either 127.0.0.1 or the expedition server IP address. After entering the correct IP, it reverts to 192.168.252.136. How do we resolve it? 

As mentioned above, neither the localhost or 127.0.0.1 are allowed, as would not allow connections between ML and expedition processes.
If you enter an invalid IP or leave it blank, expedition will determine its own IP checking its interface.
So, if it reverts back to a certain IP, this means that Expedition has that IP assigned to its main interface

I wasn't mentioning localhost or 127.0.0.1. I was entering the correct IP (expedition server IP) for ML server but despite of clicking save, it use to revert the IP to some 192.168.x.x range which I believe would have coded while extracing the OVA/OVF image. We used OVA to build expedition. At the end, I rebooted expedition and then updated the IP again and this time is worked.

• 5 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!