Expedition App-ID Adoption

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition App-ID Adoption

L3 Networker

Trying to use Expedition to migrate port based rules to App-ID. I have imported the Panorama running config and added the Log Collector Plugin. I clone the rules and then select App-ID Adoption to retrieve Apps on my selected rules and Expedition generates the report but I never see any Applications populated. I aslo should add that we are using Cortex Data Lake for Logging in Panorama.

PCNSC, PCNSE
6 REPLIES 6

L5 Sessionator

with Cortex, you must use the app-ID adoption Fast option. The app-ID adoption slow option is not currently supported. 

I will give that a try and respond with an update.

Thanks!

PCNSC, PCNSE

I should add that I am VPN'd into the customer network. Will the App-ID adoption work across VPN?

PCNSC, PCNSE

are you running Expedition on your laptop/local machine and accessing the cloud based Panorama via the VPN?

this connection should not cause an issue. The important connection is with Panorama connecting to the Cortex data lake to query the traffic log.

Yes, I have Expedition running on my laptop and am VPN'd into network. Panorama is installed on premise at customer network and connected to Cortex Data Lake. Panorama queries Corext Data LAke with no issues. However, when I run App-Id adoption to retrieve apps fast for Fast  the quesry runs but nothing ever happens. I have selectred specific rules that I know are getting hits.

PCNSC, PCNSE

go ahead and send an email to fwmigrate 2 paloaltonetworks.com and we can schedule a time to run the debug on the query. Please reference this discussion when sending the email.

• 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!