Expedition Device Import

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Device Import

L0 Member

Hello,

I have a PA-3020 device that I would like to use Expedition to help me Audit and Evaluate.  I can't give Expedition direct access to the FW, so I've been trying to import XML files.  I can't seem to get a full import of everything on the firewall.  I found this posting, but it didn't have a resolution: https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/General-Topics/Issue-exporting-a-complete-configuration-out-of-...

In expedition, I create a Project.  Then in the project I navigate to import, and under Palo Alto I've tried the following:

1 On the FW I tried, "Export named configuration snapshot".  It imports just about nothing.  Just has the management information and basic interface info (non of the sub-interfaces.)  No rules, no objects.

2 On the FW I tried, "Export device state".  But the files show as invalid  "The content is not a valid PANOS configuration. No version Found:/home/userSpace/projects/test/toImport/template-config.xml.dat"

1 REPLY 1

L1 Bithead

Hello

I've tried exporting on Panorama "Export Panorama and devices config bundle". Then I decompressed the tgz and imported the XML from Panorama. By this way I could see the Device-Group and Template configuration con Expedition GUI with all details, however I cannot export SET output from Template configuration.

Regards

Edgar

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!