Expedition Install How to

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition Install How to

L0 Member

I have downloaded expedition and unzipped it. but there are many vmware files in it. which ones to install and can i install on vmware workstation 12.x?

11 REPLIES 11

L7 Applicator

Hi what you downloaded its already a whole VM to be executed from Workstation. You dont have to install nothing.

hi- but how do you run it ? i have all files unzip on my windows machine....but don't see exe file to run it...

thanks, downloaded and running the player.....i have downloaded tgz file....and unzip using winzip. but when i click on "Open a VM on player, but which file to select to run the expedition VM ? 

Tar.gz means the file was compacted with TAR and compressed with GZIP, Maybe you can use a tool like 7zip to unpack and uncompress https://www.7-zip.org/

thanks, 7zip unzip/uncompress same way, and i see all same files....how do it run it using VM player ? , select what file from the long list from VM player to open / run Expedition...

If you open the VMPlayer and open a Virtual Machine go to the folder and it will show you what file can be opened...

I click on open a VM in player, but default no files show up, since it supports .vmx,.vmx,.ovf,.ova, so i select all files and then

it has following files after uncompress, which one i select to open it in Player as Virtual machine ?

ExpeditionVM.vmx.lck
ExpeditionVM.plist
Virtual Disk-s001.vmdk
vmware-2.log
vmware-1.log
vmware-0.log
Virtual Disk.vmdk
Virtual Disk-s006.vmdk
Virtual Disk-s010.vmdk
startMenu.plist
quicklook-cache.png
Virtual Disk-s011.vmdk
Virtual Disk-s007.vmdk
Virtual Disk-s012.vmdk
Virtual Disk-s004.vmdk
._ExpeditionVM.vmxf
ExpeditionVM.vmxf
Virtual Disk-s008.vmdk
ExpeditionVM.vmx
Virtual Disk-s009.vmdk
Virtual Disk-s005.vmdk
._ExpeditionVM.nvram
ExpeditionVM.nvram
Virtual Disk-s002.vmdk
vmware.log
Virtual Disk-s003.vmdk
._ExpeditionVM.vmsd
ExpeditionVM.vmsd

If is not showing it up, try to rename ExpeditionVM.vmx.lck to ExpeditionVM.vmx and try it again....

able to import in to player, when when running the expedition VM, getting following error , 🙂

This virtual machine is configured for 64-bit guest operating systems. However, 64-bit operation is not possible.

This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.

Intel VT-x might be disabled if it has been disabled in the BIOS/firmware settings or the host has not been power-cycled since changing this setting.

(1) Verify that the BIOS/firmware settings enable Intel VT-x and disable 'trusted execution.'

(2) Power-cycle the host if either of these BIOS/firmware settings have been changed.

(3) Power-cycle the host if you have not done so since installing VMware Player.

(4) Update the host's BIOS/firmware to the latest version.

@UmerKamal

see if this [0] article helps, at some point virtualization may either have been disabled or never enabled.

[0] https://techsviewer.com/enable-intel-virtualization-technology-vt-x-bios/

• 11 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!