Expedition - LDAP server

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition - LDAP server

L2 Linker

Hi guys,

it seems there is still a bug regarding the definition of a ldap server for authentication.

When I try to create a server entry, I only get an exception without further infos.

In the releases before, the error message was "The following errors have ocurred:, Enter the server type" - but the option to select a server type is not existent since serveral releases.

Can someone confirm the issue?

Best regards,

Alex

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

We are working on this issue.

When the LDAP communication is done via TLS or SSL, the communication is not established but we do not get a reason message from the server that we can provide to you as a feedback.

Not secure communications for LDAP authentication should work tho.

The configuration wont save for me , just get an error saying please enter type but there is no field for type i am sure it wqs there in the previous version

Please, make sure that you have an updated version of Expedition.

This behavior was corrected some versions ago.
Current version is 1.1.6

When i run sudo apt-get update i get certificate errors is that normal ? if i then run the update its says 1.1.2 is the latest ?

Current version is 1.1.6

After the apt-get update you need to execute the
apt-get install expedtion-beta

Otherwise you did not install the current released version

I have got the upgarde working and i am now runing 1.1.6 but now when i try to add a LDAP server i just get a Remote exception with no reasonencryption is set to none.

Could you share some screenshots with us at fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com?

If possible, could you send a screenshot of the response you get from the server via the Developer Tools that Chrome of Firefox have integrated?

Thanks

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!