Expedition Merge and Generate XML not working

L1 Bithead

Expedition Merge and Generate XML not working

Hi, 

After trying and failing on Expedition 1.0.95 with no luck I have now deleted my VM and downloaded and updated to 1.0.107.

Whenever I migrate (tried Cisco, Checkpoint and Juniper), I click export, drag the elements into the base config, press merge then generate xml. I'm left with what looks like the original base config instead of a xml output.

All the migrated work is lost.

What is the sequence from when I am ready to generate an xml?

By the way the configs and base config are fine as I've used them before in the Migration Tool 3.3.15

Thanks

L3 Networker

Re: Expedition Merge and Generate XML not working

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but are you importing a base config in addtion to your Cisco?  When you export, before you drag from the left to the right, do you see your new base config or is it blank?

L7 Applicator

Is the TASK MANAGER UP? From the main Dashboard...

L1 Bithead

yes I import a base config and then the Cisco config.

Once i've finished all the cleanup (interfaces, services etc) I drag elements into the base coinfig and i actually see them in a pending state. Once I click merge the elements I moved over disappear and the base config is back to normal.

L1 Bithead

Yes, when I login in I press start so it runs jobs in the background.

L7 Applicator

Then if you select from now as a source your base config from the bottom right combo box the policies and objects are shown now under the base config right? The problem is at the time to generate the XML then? If yes, can you check the file

tail -f /home/userSpace/panReadOrders.txt ?

L1 Bithead

It seems as though there is no such file or directory when I run this command.tail.PNG

L1 Bithead

Thought it might be useful to show the merging process I am doing. Of course I am starting to task manager first before entering a project.stage1.PNGstage 1stage2.PNGstage 2stage3.PNGstage 3stage4.PNGstage 4stage5.PNGstage 5

L0 Member

Have you found a resolution to this? I am having the same issue.

Thanks,

L3 Networker

Is it just the XML download or the same with the .zip file?

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the Live Community as a whole!

The Live Community thanks you for your participation!