Expedition VMWare OVF File

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition VMWare OVF File

L2 Linker

Anyone know if they've build an OVF file type for the Expedition Tool like has been done with the other Migration Tools?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator
17 REPLIES 17

L7 Applicator

I am getting the following when trying to re-use the existing VMDK files from the package in a new VM:

Failed to start the virtual machine.
Module Disk power on failed.
Cannot open the disk '/vmfs/volumes/568c3db4-ed627920-2a9e-5cb901942748/ExpeditionVM/Virtual Disk.vmdk' or one of the snapshot disks it depends on.
The system cannot find the file specified
VMware ESX cannot find the virtual disk "/vmfs/volumes/568c3db4-ed627920-2a9e-5cb901942748/ExpeditionVM/Virtual Disk.vmdk". Verify the path is valid and try again.

Have you converted to ESXi first? Using VMWare Converter? Or just moved the files provided to ESXi and tryied to use them? that dont gonna work... you have to convert it....

I hadnt, but good tip. I have it running now, in the lab.

We have it converted to OVF, but does anyone know the default username/password? 

Default credentials
Gui: admin/paloalto
Console: expedition/paloalto

Did you find a Document on Expedition?  All I've been able to locate is the DataSheet...

not for the passwords, no, they were in another post on here.

Here is the documentation and the passwords are inside of course, there is a hardening guide as well

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Expedition-Articles/Expedition-Documentation/ta-p/215619

Thanks for the info.  I was able to finally get it working on Oracle Virtual box in a virtual machine on my desktop pc.  For now, I'll run with that, but I'll look into the converter if I need a more powerful server.

Hi, I have converted the VM using VMWare converter but it's still will not work. When I log in I just get the an error saying Remote Exception. No more info than that.

Remote-Exception.JPG

Any ideas?

I can confirm I have also seen this on a VM converted over to Hyper-V.

To fix that error, you have to upgrade to a newer version from the CLI or go to SETTINGS -> MLearning and in the ML SERVER textbox put the IP address from your Expedition and click on SAVE. Then refresh browser

Thanks that worked updating the ML Server Address! As a matter of interest is the upgrade command from the cli different to the beta one? - sudo apt-get install expedition-beta

• 1 accepted solution
  • 17 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!