Expedition version 4 - SRX to Palo Alto migration issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Expedition version 4 - SRX to Palo Alto migration issue

L1 Bithead

I am using Expedition Version4.

SRX JunOs configs to PanOs migration,  only few interfaces, zones and one VR(logging-vr) are getting migrated. Tool doesn't detect any security groups, address books, security policies...etc. We have hundreds of security groups in one box, which are configured for different customers. All the security groups need to be migrated one by one.

Toatally I am unable to migrate the whole SRX configuration to Palo alto, except few base configs of the box.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

L5 Sessionator

Hi,

Please, send us a private message to fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com and we will check more in detail this case. We may need to get access to the configuration to verify where the issue in the SRX parser may be, if the problem is that the parser is not supporting your type of config.

We will update this thread afterwards.

Hi dgildelaig,

I have shared the sample srx configuration file with fwmigrate at paloaltonetworks dot com. Please check and let me know if any issues with that configuration.

Make sure that you do not modify the XML structure, as we have created the parsers to work with specific schemas for each vendor.

If you provide the XML subcontent (removing some of the parent XML elements) it won't comply with the SRX schema, and the parser won't be able to load the content correctly.

Does it make sense?

Hi dgildelaig,

We have multiple configuration groups under a single Juniper SRX box (like vsys in Netscreen) which are configured for different customers. The configuration which I have shared is the sample configuration of customer1 and the configuration group name is Customer-1. The command I have used to get that configuration is 'show configuration groups Customer-1 | display xml | no-more' .  When we try to import the output of 'show configuration groups Customer-1 | display xml | no-more' in to the expedition tool import is not happening and we are getting 'Invalid XML' error message (XML is invalid. Tip:Remove attributes from configuration tag ). 

Even if  I try to migate the entire SRX box configuration  (show configuration | display xml | no-more)some basic componets are only getting migrated.  

Hope it make sense

I checked in our email, and I could not find a config attached to any email related to SRX.

Could you please send it again and refer to this Forum Thread in the email? Thanks

Hi dgildelaig,

Sent the srx config file to your email id. Please check.

L0 Member

I have a similar problem converting SRX to PAN-OS.  Only got interfaces , no security zones, most service and service groups, but that's it, nothing else.  I am using junos 12.3 and expedition 1.2.21

I have the same issue. Did you resolve it ?

Regards,
Krishnan

Was there ever a resolution mentioned about this? I'm encountering the same issue. I only have interface data when importing the xml into Expedition.

Hi @randymiller Please open a TAC case and attache your SRX config in the case, please send your TAC case# to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

Thanks, but I appear to have resolved my issues using the below article.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/juniper-srx-sanitize-configuration-before-m...

L1 Bithead

hi Team,

I am getting the error while doinf the migration.

" rulebase -> security -> rules -> Lync-Client-to-client 'Lync-Client-to-client' is already in use
rulebase -> security -> rules -> Capitaline 'Capitaline' is already in use
rulebase -> security -> rules -> ADMIN_ACCESS 'ADMIN_ACCESS' is already in use
rulebase -> security -> rules -> Telesoft 'Telesoft' is already in use
rulebase -> security -> rules -> Netapp_Storage 'Netapp_Storage' is already in use
rulebase -> security -> rules -> AAA_Radius 'AAA_Radius' is already in use
rulebase -> security -> rules -> AVAYA_CUM_Manager 'AVAYA_CUM_Manager' is already in use"

above is error how to mitigate this?

Regards

Kunal S

Hi @kunal.shahasuno 

Thanks for reaching out.

Based on the shared log it looks like your device is complaining due to having rules with the same name. You can not commit duplicated names to your device.

You can verify in Expedition if you have duplicated rule names using filters and/or the initial dashboard section (column duplicated).

Hope this helps,

David

L1 Bithead

Can you share the example forthe same

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!