File "filename.xml" is malformed

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

File "filename.xml" is malformed

L2 Linker

I have used the tool a few times before but I hat a road block on this migration. no outstading issues when I merge the file and the XML downloads without error. I can Import the config to the firewall but when I run the "load config partial" commands I get the malformed XML error.

I am using version 1.1.9 or Expedition and 8.1.6 on the target firewall.

Any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8

L2 Linker

What's more interesting is the .XML file that I download is incomplete, it stops about 1/2 way down the file and does not include any of hte <config> tags.

just to verify the process you used to upgrade - did you run both the commands below:

$sudo apt-get update

$sudo apt-get install expedition-beta

Also, there is an option to download a .zip file when the XML is generated. Can you also check the XML files in the zip files to see if the XML is in the same state.

Yes ran both commands to update the tool, I also downloaded and reinstalled to make sure that wasn't an issue.

I get the same error from the direct download and from the .zip download. When i open the the .xml in Firefox it shows there is an error on the file although it's not clear to me what it means.

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity

can you send 2 files to the fwmigrate @ paloaltonetworks.com alias for review of your issue:

-The malformed XML

-Export the project file

Also a screenshot of the Expedition dashboard showing the version.

Thanks, files sent.

Hello,

I am facing the exact same issue.

Everything works fine except when I try to export the file, it stops halfway through the file and has file malformed error on the firewall.

Was your issue resolved? kindly assist.

In my case there was an issue with userID group in the policies that I exported into the case configuration. I had to remove them before I did the export. It was a bug in the Expedition version I was using, it may have been fixed in the latest code.

Can you check what is is malformed in the XML file?

If you spot it, we could try to see why is it being malformed there.

Thanks

• 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!