Greenfield ML Video - alternative other than use syslog

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Greenfield ML Video - alternative other than use syslog

L2 Linker

Hello there,

I saw the video for ML - the features looks nice, however I am wonderinf is there are other alternatives other than send info via syslog or scp (as in video). I will like just to export it manually since I have my VM on my laptop and also directly from the device (in the future might have it directly connected).

Pleas let me know,

Thanks

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

They can store the logs locally and then you need only access to the SSH server to copy the csv files to your lan. then analyze, or Install Expedition in each customer and do all from each customer network----

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

L7 Applicator

Hi, you can export from the Firewall and import via SCP to your Expedition, or you can send from the firewall syslog to Expedition, you can schedule the log export to be executed every night by the firewall and automatilly upload the files to Expedition. You can do all but import from the Expedition GUI. 

Thank you for the information.

1- So just to be clear, I can manually add logs from Palo Alto to Expedition right?

2- What will be the best aproach to analyze a remote Palo Alto? I can connect via client VPN, or just go there one day. I have clients with Palo Altos I a mwondering if this tool can help me to automate the process of rule creation (ML) and  best practices.

Thanks,

They can store the logs locally and then you need only access to the SSH server to copy the csv files to your lan. then analyze, or Install Expedition in each customer and do all from each customer network----

Thanks for the information!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!